Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Team Lean Ends


Whew, what a ride!  We came in 29th place out of 250 teams, lost a total of 16 thousand pounds community wide, and 136 pounds for our team. The amazing part was that we won money!!  That was not the goal, but was nice just the same.  Now our goal is to continue with the same lifestyle habits that got us off our duffs, eating right, exercising and trying not to think about all of those things that are so deadly, mainly processed and refined sugar, flour etc. (I think all of the words were created to sounds enticing~ 
*Donut, Candy, Cookie, Pizza, Pie, Cake, Divinity, you get the picture*  
We are trying to think differently, fruit, vegetable, protein, whole grain, healthy...
You get that picture too!  For now, the weighing and measuring is over unless we start gaining.  We completed the Heritage Walk and have another coming up, The Rose City Walk... on the 18th, and have been practicing for that! 
Papa John is slimmer than he has been in years, with a 28 pound loss, while I am simply back where I was last August (those clothes now fit again) with a 34 pound loss. While I blame Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year and vacations~~ those things will always be joyful~~ but we have to not fall into them like we have not eaten in months!  Easter will be enlightening for sure, another huge family event, I plan to take a sort of Waldorf Salad (yogurt instead of Mayo) with smoked turkey to get the protein in.  I am making the recipe up, this should be a hoot!  Thus far, apples, raisens, celery, pecans, FF yogurt doctored with vanilla, splenda and a touch of lemon oil, then toss smoked turkey cubes over the top. I'm wide open for ideas that are delicious AND healthy!  (that might be an oxymoron to some, ok, I am one of the some, but I hope to learn different))

PS.... Have you heard about Heather Carter and Wendy Ormsby?  They are both expecting!! 
I was all ready for them both until the date was pointed out. THANKS for the laughs, is the best I've been tricked, ever! (ok, so far as I can recall, LOL)

No comments: