Tuesday, October 14, 2008

THEY HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!!

No visuals this moring, only mental pics. Our Utah babies made the trip safely, ending up in Jacksonville Florida and driving a huge van to Georgia! As they rounded the bend to the homeplace (Mamoo's, where we were all sitting on the back porch waiting with the most excitement of the year) we heard 4 horn toots, then 3, then 2, then the van pulled up in the backyard and the fabulous five unloaded! You can forget a lot in this life, but that moment will not be on the list. ALL got a lion's share of hugs, kisses, greetings, *look how tall you've grown*, *how handsome you are in your new glasses*, *what is the password* (a skill Braydon and Tyson developed when they were 3 and 5, last visit).... it is the same *where's my chicken nuggets*, or *I love you*. Aunt Blace met Kayleigh for the first time, love at first sight on both accounts, Bears were brought in, names were explained, Capri Sun's distribited and we relaxed just long enough for Braydon and Tyson to grab their things and move next door to Grandma and Papa John's house. In the DARK, they had to go (with flashlights) to check out the pool, it is still there, then to see there names on there respective hooks in the Cabana for any new toys (none, they get to pick today) and off we go on to inspect the house for *changes*.
Naturally, Gromit, Gabby and Cissy felt invaded, but they tolerated well, seem to undersatnd that these are our grandchildren and in a short while all will be back to normal when they are the everyday canine babies.

At bedtime, things have changed. I donned the same flannel nightgown I have worn since their births, got out their favorite book that they like me to read from..... and they had other toys in their backpacks already in action! What happened??? Do I not get to fall asleep in the middle of a story anymore?? Will I have to pack the book away?? (we have been working on the same book for a long time)

Anyways, they are sound asleep still, sausage are sending sweet signals that they may be accompanied by pancakes and syrup!!!

The truth will hit home when they step outside into the 63 degree air, we will see how fast bathing suits happen then.

I am loving this, relish being a better word. Just imagine how bad it will be when I get the camera. Where is that camera??

No comments: