Saturday, October 4, 2008

Meet The Wogans

So, as promised a few days back, I bring you the Wogan Family, near and dear to my heart folks for several years. Grandfather Jamie lives with his chocolate lab *Moose* in East Grinstead, sons Daniel and Duncan have now married (Alison and Sarah) with children Madeline and *sonogram*, we will fill in that blank in some months ahead. You can see them all in the pictures with Madeline below.

I also promised a story about Alison, Madeline's Mum!!

I first visited in the winter of 1997 . Jamie, Moose, Daniel and Duncan were still under one roof. To say it was a highlight of my life was an understatement as I, to this day, recall the enchantment of the Wogan household. At that time, Daniel and Alison were dating and she came down to visit while I was there, told me of Ashdown Forest. I had read some of the Pooh tales, and thought them to be pure A. A. Milne fiction, no idea that there was a point of reference and many truths!
We traveled from East Grinstead to East Sussex, about an hour South of London to many of the enchanted spots where Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin found adventure!! Alison told me the story of Poohsticks as we stood on Poohsticks Bridge. We selected sticks and tossed them in, running to the other side! To make the event more exciting, it was a rainy day at the end of several rainy days and Ashdown Forest had a muddy bottom in many places. Jamie and I were prepared if for no other reason, we had on *sensible* shoes of the older generation, so we really paid little attention to our feet, were all caught up in marching through the forrest, expecting to see Winnie pop out!! Alison won my heart that day as I looked down to see she had on dress sandals with mud covering her feet, her shoes, and portions of her legs.... she had not complained once and was content to show and tell of this delightful place in the woods!

THANKS ALISON! I want to come back with my grandchilden one day, and hope you will lead the adventure again. If I can't do that, I can at least tell them about it.. and the Wogan's.

(PS...I have learned that my memory is not serving me well. Jamie tells me , and sent a picture, that Alison had on sturdy boots! Where in the WORLD did I get this from? Was I dreaming? Hopefully Alison can help me out here! Who knows, it might be another great story to tell!)

No comments: