Saturday, April 12, 2008

Paris Sealing

Well, the pictures are backwards, but that is ok, just look at the last one first. 
The Paris Family was Sealed at the South Jordon Temple, and I was more than Blessed by being able to attend!  This day was the first time I had seen Carter since we took him to Utah in September, almost 8 months.  After the Sealing (private ceremony), Jen brought Carter out to those of us in the waiting room.  She handed me Carter, said *go to Grandma*, and he had no clue who I was, reached for his Grandma Paris who was right beside me. I thought my heart would break although logically I knew that he was a baby and would not recall us at all.  Jen's mother, Carter's other Grandma, was on my left, she either saw or felt my pain, reached to me for a hug, saying *he is very happy*, and I know that is a certain fact! 
This is difficult to talk about as I sit here with tears flowing freely and the event was last spring (I am back posting), but that moment was such a bittersweet one as I was elated to see Carter again (Newbob), yet he had no clue that I was there or who I was. BUT, the entire scene was just as it should be, he has a wonderful family just as he should, he is indeed HAPPY and going to have fantastic childhood with both parents present, full of love and close to God. What more could I want for this precious child?  
Before I could think of shedding tears, we all headed outside for pictures. I was totally happy to just see Carter, to see he and his newly sealed family together, to share their joy.  Then Jen invited me to join them for a picture. I was overjoyed to be included!  
This picture is of the Paris Family and all three Grandmas and Grandpa Paris. 
The Paris Family, Jen, Marty, Addison and Carter.
 Aren't they beautiful?? (inside and out)
South Jordon Temple
This was the first temple I had ever entered even though I stayed in s special section for visitors.  It was incredibly beautiful!

No comments: