Papa John and I went to Cape San Blas to celebrate our Anniversary. We stayed at the Cape San Blas Inn, my first experience with a Bed and Breakfast, and I loved it! It felt like staying in someone's home, but with privacy most of the time.
We were *waited on* and cleaned up after! (Maybe that is why it feesl like home, but home as a child)
Yes, it DOES say that, we were intrigued, curious (not that we have ANY objections to Chocolate in any form, or oysters for that matter, just hoped beyond hope that it was not chocolate covered oysters, and it was not, yummmm) and YES, we did!!! (and too much)
This picture is the *Dock On The Bay*, we had the bay behind the house and the Gulf of Mexico in the front! We took *Tea* on the dock in the afternoons, coffee in the mornings, and really enjoyed the fog each morning, watching the sun come up and burn off the fog!
We throughly enjoyed the canoes provided as we got to explore the entire bay and look at all of the great beach houses from a different perspective.
I have to add the most hilarious part of our entire trip was this canoe. Prior to this picture being taken, John had gathered up all of the gear we needed, I had packed a little bag of drinks, snacks, camera etc. John had explained that he was a canoe master while in Boy Scouts, so we would have NO problem casting off, staying in and returning safely to the dock. He put all of the gear in the canoe, I had our dry bag, he pulled the canoe out to the proper place, I stood on dry ground waiting.... and before I could say *what do I do now?*, the entire canoe, gear and John were in the water upside down. I was laughing so hard I could not get a picture of him in the water, but did manage to get a few shots once he got all back together. On second try, all worked well except he would not let me take the dry bag with us.... it stayed on the dock and we had a Inn guest take this picture... So, we just LOOK like we know what we are doing.
Truthfully, we had a great time once we got into the bay, just could not take pictures!
This was close to Appalachicola, a great little town that featured, among other things, Chocolate Oysters, as shown above, it was actually a confection that looked like an oyster. If there was a *Chocolate Company* around, I found it. We made purchases on the way and on the way back!
Appalachicola boat that looked like Forrest Gump's shrimper. We would have loved to ride it, not sure it would have been available, but it was awesome to look at!
What a great anniversary/getaway!






No comments:
Post a Comment