Sunday, May 30, 2010

LACEY NEWS!

The 2009 baseball and softball season for the Marianna Recreation Department opened in full swing Saturday at Optimist Park with 44 Marianna teams competing for the top spot along with visitors from Malone and Grand Ridge.In softball there will be four teams competing in the Angels division with three in ponytails and one in the Belles division.

For the Elks, Jevon Quincy will be working with Brad Newsome and Tammy Newsome to make great ball players out of Lacey O’Neal, Shemeriah Spears, Amy Gearhart, Lea Edge, Jordon Johnson, Shayna Carter,Montana Noble, Kylie Martin, Josalynne Giles, Michelle Long, Hannah Newsome, Sasha Quincy, Aly Sims and Emily Nobles.

I'm so happy to get any word of Lacey, my second Granddaughter!

I searched Google and have learned that she is on the Honor Roll (so she is doing well in school) and now I see that she is playing baseball (healthy). For just these two things I am grateful, and want to take the opportunity to encourage open adoption (if that is the correct term) as biological families would LOVE to know how they are if not to actually hear from them!

In this case, I believe Lacey's Mother fears loosing the child she waited SOO long for... although our agreement was different when Lacey was born, I actually placed Lacey in her new Mother's arms with sheer JOY for the O'Neals and Lacey both.... the Father passed away just a few month's later and the fear of another loss overwhelmed the Mother.

(my shrink said)

ANYWAY, since I try to honor my grandchildren on this blog, I am delighted to report that Lacey appears to be doing well.

GOOD JOB LACEY!!