My Baby Boy Ranes and his second Baby Boy Tyson
My Baby Boy Ranes and his first Baby Boy Braydon
My Baby Boy and his Baby Girl Kayleigh
My Handsome Son and his Beautiful Wife, Heather
JUST LOOK AT THE JOY ADDED TO MY LIFE BY RANES
Heather, Braydon, Tyson, Kayleigh, Rowe relatives,
lots of Utah friends and friends of friends~
The 4th of July in 1970 was the most exciting I have experienced. I was not so patiently waiting for my first child to show his or her face. On the evening of the second (today, 39 years ago) I had a bit of trouble, went in to see our Doctor (Gonzalez) on the 3rd as he was going out of town on vacation for the 4th! He examined me, sent me to the hospital for an x-ray (the only way you could tell the position of the baby at that time) then had me admitted around 5 that afternoon. My husband, Danny, wanted me to WAIT until the 4th of July.
From that point on is a sweet blur~ at 23 minutes after midnight (July 4th now) Ranes was born. Delivery was a much different process back then and Ranes was immediately taken by the Nurse for cleaning, warming etc. I did hear him cry but was upset that I could not see him, nor did I believe for a split second that he was a boy (I wanted a boy really bad) I was under the influence of the gas mask and evidently verbalized my disbelief that Ranes was indeed ok and indeed a MALE! The nurse grabbed him up and brought him to me, pulled the covers away and calmed me down... What a BEAUTIFUL little baby boy~
To add to the occasion, there was a severe south Georgia summer thunderstorm in progress!
My father drove from Thomasville to Cairo to be with me and got there in time to see his first Grandson! The next day, he came again, upset that he could not get flowers on a holiday, but did find a Rose Bush! I loved it!
SO... July 4th is special to me for more than the obvious reason.
It was the first day of my now very large family of children, grandchildren, and a miriad to family and friends that came with the total package.
How Blessed I am!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SON
I LOVE YOU









1 comment:
What a great blog post. Thanks mom! I really appreciate it. =0)
Post a Comment