Monday, June 23, 2008

Underwater Hyperbaric Medical Society

This looks like the beginning of the UHMS meeting, but is actually the end, the beginning is at the bottom!  Conveniently, the same day the meeting was over coincided with the Lehi Rodeo as well as a Dutch Oven Event within walking distance of the parade route. The Lehi Rodeo is an annual event, amazingly enough held the same day I was there, and even more amazing, I was there to begin with because our Hyperbaric Physician could not cover us for treatments that week at work, so work sent me for further education and the opportunity to become certified in this field.  So THAT is how I happened to beinUtah! 
In this picture, Ranes is busy calculating points from the judges, he has been running fast for several hours now! It was awesome to see the even in progress, my first ever.

The reason we look haggard is that we are, we have just been to a parade complete with what had to be the hottest sun of the Utah year (I am burned, was not prepared) and the kids had been chasing candy tossed from the floats.  Carter just ATE the candy, no chasing for him, he looks a bit full too! 

The parade, the candy chasers, Marty and Addison, and the boys are some that I have watched grow up in the same neighborhood as Braydon and Tyson.  I'm not srue they enjoyed the parade as much as the candy chasing!! 

Heather and Kayleigh had the right idea, get comfortable, and all was well until some muskets were blown. Then Kayleigh got smart and prepared before the boom!

Meanwhile, back at the Dutch Oven Event, Ranes is now relaxed and having fun!  The sign says *Stone Mountain Dutch Oven Chapter*.  GREAT WORK!

WHAT A TREAT!
The last night of the UHMS meeting, I was able to move a bit southerly to a Motel closer to Lehi!

Using my own affinity for neck pillows, I had seen some animal character pillows that looked like all of the children needed one, so you see 2 of them here! (Have to teach these babies how to chill ya know)  Braydon and Tyson actually got to have a spend the night party with me at the hotel, we swam, we played, we laughed, and then we passed out into a sweet blissful sleep! The next morning we had fabulous breakfast at the hotel where Braydon made me aware that the Prophet would not approve of my coffee drinking.  I got milk!! 


Kayleigh liked the pool best! 

How is this for a beautiful family!  As usual, Heather is not close by when the camera comes out, she just doesn't know how pretty she is!!!  

This may not be the Conference Center Choir.  That is where I went after the test, they were rehearsing that night, I was just done with the dreaded test, walked over, had a seat with the other admirers (groupies) and all I could do was close my eyes and listen. The stress of the previous few days left me, I was at peace, and simply cried, felt SO good.

I was actually located in the Downtown Marriott which is right besdie Temple Square, so I spent all of my free time on the square, especially after the test (see above)

This is the older Tabernacle, I've never been inside, just admired it outside!
At night, from the huge window in my room, I had a bird's eye view of the steeple on the Temple with Moroni watching me all night!  The night lights were awesome, I tried to watch it all night but would fall asleep anyway.

Thanks Be to Heavenly Father, I managed to get there safely, get through the Scientific Meeting, pass the Hyperbaric Technologists Examination, and still have some time to meet greet and love family and friends!!  Does it get better??

No comments: