Monday, January 21, 2008

San Antonio Texas



Our purpose was to attend the International ATMO Hyperbaric Safety Director Course, compliments of my employer. Luckily, John was able to go with me as I would have been alone and not have enjoyed the trip nearly as much. That means I would have learned  a lot, but not had fun in between classes. The most incredible thing we discovered was the River Walk, as it was our daily routine for the week to walk from the hotel to the Nix Medical Center, via the River Walk. What a VIEW and what a great walk to and from!

We stayed at the Drury, which was on the River itself, incredible archtecture
as it was formerly a bank! 
This was not in Texas, but was one of our Hyperbaric Patients. He is the youngest thus far, and we really enjoyed having him every morning to entertain us! With us is Susan, RN, and one of the best people persons I've known. 
After walking me to class every day, John would browse the city. This was his number one goal, the ALAMO!  He had a great time there, got me some beautiful art pieces, and enjoyed the tour. 
We also spent a lot of time at Starbucks discovering the best salad I ever ate in my life! 

No comments: